Due to the COVID -19 pandemic, kindergarten registration will have to look different for the 2021-2022 school year. Below are the steps to follow to register your student.
- Pickup a registration packet beginning on March 15th at Fairland East Elementary School. The packets will be located in a box at the main entrance doors.
- When you pick up your packet, sign up for a time to bring your student back for the kindergarten assessment. Assessment dates will be Friday, April 23rd and Friday, May 7th 8:30am-1:30pm.
- Return your completed packet when you return with your student for his/her scheduled kindergarten assessment time. You will also need to bring all required enrollment documentation at this time. Required documents are listed at the bottom of this page. When you arrive for your appointment you will ring the doorbell at the main entrance and your student will be brought into the building to meet with a kindergarten teacher for a brief 10-15 minute assessment. As you wait for your student to return, someone will make copies of all your required documentation and will review your registration packet to assure it is fully completed.
- Registration is complete when you have returned the completed packet, presented all required documentation to be photocopied and your student has completed the kindergarten assessment at his/her scheduled time. Questions, call 740-886-3120
Parents must present the following documentation
- Child’s official birth certificate with raised seal (not a copy)
- Child’s immunization record
- Parent/Guardian drivers license or identification card
- Proof of residency (must be a utility bill-water, electric, trash or sewer)
- Social Security card
- Residency affidavit (required for anyone who currently rents or is not listed on the utility bill provided- this form can be picked up in the Fairland East office)
- Custody papers (if applicable)